WYNN Tip: An
Introduction to WYNN
a software program for people who struggle with reading and writing.
WYNN lets you hear and see what
you type into the computer, files that are already in the computer,
and the Internet.
has four, color-coded toolbars. Clicking on the Next button
at the left of each toolbar will rotate through the toolbars.
is a Read button on each toolbar. Click the Read button
to hear each word being spoken at the same time
as you see it being spotlighted.
The Blue toolbar lets you manage your files.
Using the blue toolbar, you can:
- Scan a document
- Create a New File
- Open a File
- Save your file to MP3
- Search for ebooks
- Export your file to Microsoft Word
- Read from the Web
The Green toolbar lets you change the way text looks and sounds.
Using the green toolbar, you can:
- Change the text size, spacing, and color
- Mask out distracting areas of text
- Change the speed and pacing of the speech
The Pink toolbar helps you study and learn.
Using the pink toolbar, you can:
- Use the talking dictionary and thesaurus
- Highlight text and create lists
- Record a text or voice note
- Create a notecard file
- Open a PAL document
toolbar helps with writing.
Using the yellow toolbar, you can:
- Use traditional editing tools, such as cut/paste and spell checking
- Create an outline
- Use word prediction
- Find homophones
These toolbars are the heart of WYNN. The rotating toolbar reduces clutter and helps people focus on their work. The toolbars can also be customized for individual needs. Please read our other Tip Sheets for more information.