For Immediate Release
Media Contact: Beth Thomlinson
800-444-4443 ext. 3428 or 727-803-8000 ext. 3428
WYNN 7.0 Adds Support for Windows 8
Also supports Intel-based tablets for school and individual access
(St. Petersburg, Florida – April 3, 2013) – The Learning Systems Group of Freedom Scientific, Inc., developer of literacy software designed to create custom learning environments for struggling students, announced today that the industry-leading WYNN™ software has added support for Microsoft’s Windows 8 operating system.
In addition to Windows 8, WYNN will also work with Intel-based tablets running Windows 8, such as those from Dell, Lenovo, Asus, and others. Since these tablets took top honors at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show, the latest update continues WYNN’s support for cutting-edge technology. “We are proud to offer these updates for our customers,” said Beth Thomlinson, Product Manager for Literacy Products. She continued, “We are committed to supporting the latest products in a timely manner.”
The new release is available as an update, so current users of WYNN 7 can get the newest version for free without needing to re-install the product.
Literacy Support Tools Help Students Perform Better
WYNN 7.0, building on its well-recognized educational features, is the only software that offers struggling students “electronic notecards” and WebMasking®. These features now work in Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, broadening the support base.
New features that were released in WYNN 7 include::
- Notecards and templates: these features, which support organization and writing, can be used in conjunction with or separately from the PREPARE process
- Additional toolbar buttons for Save to MP3 and other most requested features: some of WYNN’s more popular features, including Save to MP3, Book Search, and Send to Word, now have their own toolbar buttons
- Convert highlights to outlines: users can combine two of WYNN's most popular features
- Updated user interface: new toolbar button design provides an additional option for users; legacy toolbar buttons for those more comfortable with WYNN’s traditional design
- Enhanced network install capabilities: WYNN’s network installation, including silent install, has been updated and enhanced for easier deployment in busy school districts
For More Information
For a WYNN 7.0 demo disk and pricing information, contact Freedom Scientific’s Learning Systems Group by phone at (800) 444-4443 or by e-mail at WYNN at FreedomScientific.com. You can also download the demo version at our Web site at http://www.freedomscientific.com/lsg/products/demos.asp.
About Freedom Scientific
Freedom Scientific is the leading worldwide provider of assistive technology products for those with vision impairments. The Company sells its products worldwide and has offices in Florida and Switzerland.
Freedom Scientific’s Learning Systems Group is recognized as a leading provider of easy-to-use, easy-to-learn solutions, based on sound educational principles. The products assist individuals of all ages to be more successful with reading and writing. Visit www.freedomscientific.com/lsg.
Freedom Scientific®, WYNN™, and PEARL® are either trademarks or registered trademarks in the United States and/or other countries. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information, contact:
Freedom Scientific Learning Systems Group
(800) 444-4443 ext 3428
(727) 803-8000 ext 3428
BethT at FreedomScientific.com
The contents of this software program were developed under a grant from the US Department of Education, #H327A090045. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the US Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.
WYNN is a trademark of Freedom Scientific, Inc.
PEARL is a registered trademark of Freedom Scientific, Inc.